Yokohama Tire Corp. announced today it will increase prices by up to 8% on all of its consumer tires sold in the U.S., which include passenger, performance and light truck tires. The increase will go into effect March 1, with some in-line adjustments announced at a later date.
Shawn Denlein, Yokohama director of sales, Consumer Products, cited several factors for the price increase, including global supply issues, economic pressures and costs associated with manufacturing and logistics. “Soaring energy and transportation expenses, along with today’s challenging business climate, have made the price adjustment necessary,” he says.
Yokohama is the latest tire manufacturer to implement or announce a price increase in 2012.
* Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. increased prices on passenger, light truck and commercial truck tires to a weighted average of 6% on Jan. 1.
* Falken Tire Corp. raised prices on Falken and Ohtsu brand passenger and light truck tires up to 5% — with some inline adjustments –on Jan. 1.
* Continental Tire the Americas LLC (CTA) reports it is raising prices on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel brand commercial truck tires up to 9%. This increase is effective Feb. 15, 2012, and affects all replacement sales channels in the U.S.
* Yokohama Tire Corp. will implement a price increase of up to 8% on all of its commercial truck tires in the U.S., effective Feb. 1, 2012. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date. The company also raised prices on its OTR tires up to 15% effective Jan. 1. Yokohama cited “global supply pressures and elevated manufacturing and transportation costs” as the reasons for the increases.
* Bridgestone Americas Commercial Solutions (BACS), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC, also raised prices on its OTR tires effective Jan. 1. The 15% price increase applied to Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum off-road tire products and Continuum pre-cure tread rubber and related retreading materials.
* Bridgestone Americas raised prices effective Jan. 1. The 10% price increase applied to Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum off-road tire products and Continuum pre-cure tread rubber and related retreading materials.
Incoming search terms:
- yokohama tyre price malaysia 2012
- tire price for yokohama malaysia
- price of yokohama tyres in malaysia
- yokohama malaysia price
- yokohama tire price in malaysia
- yokohama tyre malaysia price 2013
- yokohame price 2013 in malaysia
You can find more and more rubber news at:
Rubber Markets News, Rubber Prices Reports, Rubber Market Analytics & Outlook Reports